Regal Beloit Corporation, a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation and power transmission components, offers a wide range of products and solutions geared toward customers in the food and beverage industry.
- Regal offers a full line of power transmission equipment and mounted bearings for complete integrated solutions: unit material handling applications specifically focused on the food and beverage industry. Regal has emerged as a leader in the growing craft brewery industry as craft brewers grow and need to automate their production. Brands such as System Plast® modular plastic belts and conveying components, Hub City™ speed reducers, Grove Gear™ worm gear and helical speed reducers, LEESON® motors and SealMaster® mounted bearings have provided compelling value propositions for craft brewers.
- System Plast modular plastic belts with NG® Evo components combined with NOLU®- S guides have allowed brewers to run dry in applications where conveying systems typically have used soap and water lubrication. NG Evo components significantly expands options for dry conveying to meet sustainability and water conservation goals which have resonated with craft brewers such as Sierra Nevada, New Belgium and MadTree Brewing, to name a few. NG Evo chain also reduces the costs and energy for water reclamation and treatment, and eliminates the wear paste buildup caused by mineral oil-based dry lubricants.
- The companion System Plast Nolu®-S wear strips and guides enable reduced-lubrication or lubrication-free, high-speed conveyor operation. They are made of a unique resin with a solid lubricant that dramatically reduces the coefficient of friction. Nolu-S wear strips helps reduce noise, energy consumption, squeaking and chain pull/belt fatigue. The combination of NG Evo chain and Nolu-S wear strips can reduce a conveyor's energy requirements by up to 30 percent, with a service life as much as five times greater.
- The Hub City™ HERA speed reducer provides additional value in energy and space savings over the traditional worm gear speed reducers often used in these conveying applications. The HERA speed reducer comes in cast iron, epoxy coated and stainless steel corrosion-resistant units packaged with LEESON® premium efficient stainless motors, leading to significant efficiency level improvements over traditional drive packages. HERA reducers deliver 90 percent efficiency in all ratios with up to a 40 percent reduction in energy. Torque-dense with double the capacity of worm drives, HERA drives reduce motor size requirements, as well as the physical size of the drive package. HERA reducers save up to $550 per year with each increment of motor horsepower for rapid payback, and they are warranted for three years.
- Grove Gear is a market-leading brand of enclosed speed reducers with one of the broadest lines of stainless steel worm gear reducers available for the food and beverage industry. Stainless Steel Center distances are offered with rapid delivery from 1.33” through 3.250”, with six sizes available and ratios from 5:1 to 3600:1.
- SealMaster® PN Gold Mounted Ball Bearings have been used extensively in these applications. They meet both CIP (Clean in Place) and SIP (Steam in Place) sanitation requirements. High-performance, triple-lip contact seals provide multidirectional sealing to help exclude contaminants and retain lubrication. They are factory filled with H1 food grade lubricant and are available with features like bolt-on end caps and backside shields that enable them to deliver industry-leading service life and performance.
These products can be shipped in packages to job sites or original equipment manufacturers for ready-to-install equipment. Craft brewers and large food & beverage processors are increasingly turning to Regal for bundled solutions.
About Regal Beloit Corporation
Regal Beloit Corporation (NYSE: RBC) is a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation and power transmission products serving markets throughout the world. The company is comprised of three business segments: Commercial and Industrial Systems, Climate Solutions and Power Transmission Solutions. Regal is headquartered in Beloit, Wisconsin, and has manufacturing, sales and service facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit
Director, Branding and Marketing Communications, Regal
Tel: 859 727 5271
Release No. MCWR17031E